Shiel Sexton has built some amazing structures in our lifetime. It’s a unique experience to take something from paper and drawings and bring it to life for people to enjoy. Looking back just within the last few years, we’d like to highlight some favorites. Enjoy!
Ironworks Hotel – RATIO Design
The first and only northside boutique hotel in Indianapolis boasts some of the most unique interior design. The 101,000 SF hotel holds 120 guest rooms, 3,000 SF of conference rooms and a fitness center. The ground level includes retail space and a common area. It features three restaurants, over 15,000 SF of retail and space including back of house operations.
- Leather, wood, and industrial finishes
- Inspiration derived from an old candy factory
- Indiana-made products throughout hotel – from light fixtures to in-room complimentary toiletries
Phoenix Theatre – RATIO Design
Phoenix Theatre is a local arts theatre that relocated to a more central spot in downtown Indianapolis right on the Indianapolis Cultural Trail. The new and improved facility has a large performance stage with 150-seat theatre and a black box theatre for smaller, intimate shows.
- Bright, red gender-neutral bathrooms and ticket/concession counter
- Art displayed throughout the main halls from local Indianapolis artists
- Exterior made up of rippled raw precast concrete
The Alexander – Gensler
From the exterior architecture to the interior design, The Alexander is not a typical hotel. The state-of-the-art, 209-room hotel caters to individual business and leisure travelers and provides group clients with 16 meeting rooms totaling 16,000 SF of function space. The Alexander also prominently features contemporary art, including site-specific commissions.
- 14 commissioned art installations and 25 original art pieces
- Vibrant and dramatic color scheme
- Floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Indianapolis skyline