Shiel Sexton was awarded the prestigious Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Company of the Year award by the Indiana Chapter of the ESOP Association on April 29th! This organization supports and honors companies that choose to become an ESOP. They believe that having an ESOP:
- Improves American competitiveness.
- Increases productivity through greater employee participation in the workplace.
- Strengthens our free enterprise economy.
- Creates a broader distribution of wealth.
- Maximizes human potential by enhancing the self-worth, dignity, and well-being of our people.
This award is given to an ESOP company that shows a strong commitment to employee ownership through its involvement with the The ESOP Association and its programs. It was presented at our annual ESOP New Owner’s Celebration as we recognized and welcomed 34 new employee owners into the ESOP.
A special thank you to Isabel Bay, Kate Moritz, and Tim Murphy for putting together the submission that resulted in this outstanding company achievement. As we finish up our fifth year of being 100% employee-owned, we reflect on the hard work and dedication each employee puts in that ultimately made it possible to say, “We Own it!”.