Things have been heating up in the Southeast! Shiel Sexton in the Carolinas took home an outstanding total of five awards this month! The North Carolina Department of Labor (NCDOL) recognizes companies each year with safety achievement awards. “The program is designed to stimulate interest in accident prevention and to promote safety in the workplace by providing an incentive to employers and employees to maintain a safe and healthful workplace.” This year NCDOL presented Shiel Sexton with the following:
- Certificate of Safety Achievement – Seventh Consecutive Year for Shiel Sexton Company, Inc.
- Certificate of Safety Achievement – Second Consecutive Year Gold for Project Storm Trooper and Project Jedi
- Certificate of Safety Achievement – Second Consecutive Year Gold for Pike Nurseries Cornelius
- Certificate of Safety Achievement – First Year Gold for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools CTS Automotive Classroom and Garage
- Certificate of Safety Achievement – First Year Gold for Mint Street Parking Deck downtown Charlotte
At Shiel Sexton, safety is our top priority. We recognize the benefit safety brings to the construction process and have fully embraced our role in bringing that benefit to the owner, contractors and above all, the employees working on our projects. Congratulations to the hard-working men and women that worked on these jobsites every day to make these achievements possible.