by Mike Dilts, CEO
All too often we shrug-off our accomplishments in pursuit of the “next big thing.” 2015 was a good year for Shiel Sexton and our company was tremendously fortunate to experience some outstanding milestones. Today, I would like to take a moment to recognize some of the great things that our people accomplished in 2015. I will touch on a few highlights:
- Our Ironworks at Keystone Village project (developed by Hendricks Commercial Property) was again recognized for excellence, this time by the Indy Chamber’s Monumental Awards.
- We began renovation work on two of Indiana’s most storied sports venues: Indiana University Assembly Hall and the Natatorium in Indianapolis.
- We completed Denver’s newest and most advanced downtown hotel, the Hyatt House and Hyatt Place, with developer, White Lodging.
- Work began on transformative new student housing projects at the University of Louisville and Butler University. Both projects are being built in collaboration with developer, American Campus Communities.
- This year we are cutting the ribbon on new headquarters for The Reginstrief Institute in Indianapolis, and we broke ground on headquarters for Delta Faucet, The Liberty Fund, and Indianapolis Power and Light’s Monument Circle makeover.
- We completed work at Hamilton Southeastern Schools and opened a new Simon Youth Academy in Indianapolis.
- We began work on large mixed-use residential projects in Charlotte, the Woodfield Music Factory and the Gateway Center.
- Early in 2015, work was completed on the Dow AgroSciences research facility in Puerto Rico and Building 310 in Indianapolis.
- We opened a new Temple for the Latter-Day Saints Church in Carmel, Indiana.
- We began work on a new Equine Research Complex for Purdue University.
- Our Carolinas regional office moved into a new, larger, more dynamic office space where it will continue its growth for years to come.
- Our program management firm, Anova Technical Services, formally established an office in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Anova Brasil Servicios De Constrycao LTDA, where it will service clients throughout South America.
The list goes on and on. We have much to be grateful for, and we are so fortunate to be involved in so many incredible projects.
This year Shiel Sexton also had the opportunity to add some outstanding new hires to our company. We gained 47 new employees in the 2015 calendar year, with fresh talent being infused in nearly every department and at every level.
The Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) also exceeded growth expectations this year, beating our distribution projection by 35%.
Indeed, 2015 has been an exciting time in the history of our company. As we look ahead to 2016, Shiel Sexton will continue to grow and evolve. I believe the key to the success we’ve experienced is in the growth, development, satisfaction, and excellence of our employees. That is my personal focus for 2016, and I couldn’t be more excited.
The SCOOP | December 2015 | More from this Issue