sscares-logoKomen1 Komen2 Komen3

Our Shiel Sexton SSCares Team had a great day for this year’s Komen Race for the Cure in Indianapolis on April 16th. The weather was beautiful and we were joined by over 13,500 friends to walk in support of the fight against breast cancer. Our Team raised $11,973 dollars – with most of our generous donations coming from fellow Shiel Sexton employees! We were the third top fundraising team and were given a spot in the VIP tent for our members.

Of the funds donated this year, all stay in Indiana. 25% will go to breast cancer research. The other 75%, over $830,000, will go to clinical breast exams, mammograms, diagnostics, medication assistance, treatment assistance, patient navigation, transportation, child care, prosthetics, wigs, and other support services that would otherwise go unfunded for Hoosiers who need help, but can’t afford it.

We had seven SSC employees donate time to help out with the Race, some bringing family and friends as well – it truly was an amazing, emotional day. Seeing all the survivors during Race Day reminds us all that it could be our mother, wife, daughter, or friend fighting this disease. We were so proud to be there supporting, to let them know we won’t quit fighting until we find a cure!

Thank you so very much to everyone – for their time, their donations, and their prayers. You’ll never know how many lives you touch and what a difference you’ve made!

Deb Engelke
Komen Race for the Cure
SSCares Co-Chair